Online Slots – Let Your Luck Do All the Hard Work
Slots make the bulk of the portfolio of most online casinos, and they offer an impressive choice of themes and variations. They have the highest payout percentage of all games. Moreover, they are responsible for 70% on average of the revenue of online casinos. A favorite of many, slots rely entirely on luck, meaning there’s very little a player can do to influence the outcome.
Even though they are fairly simple, it is a good idea to learn the basics so that you can adjust your gaming according to your preferences. You have the freedom to select the number of paylines, how much to bet per payline, and the coin value. If all that sounds complicated, sit back and read on. We’ll tell you all about playing slot machines online and how to make the best out of.
Why Play Online Slots for Real Money?
There are a number of reasons for choosing slots over other casino games. First, they contribute 100% to the wagering requirements, which is a good way to make your bonus ready for withdrawal faster. Second, there’s a huge variety of types. With themes like football, historical events and characters, ancient civilizations, pop and rock stars, tribal, movie, and cartoons, there are games for everyone. Also, online slot machines have an excellent payout rate – 95% on average.
Another advantage is the fact that you don’t need a huge bankroll to play. Finally, their rules are easy to learn – there are no special skills, such as analytical thinking, required to win the big jackpot and enjoy yourself while spinning the reels. Although you may test them in demo mode, you will want to play slots with real money because that’s the only way for you to win a life-changing jackpot. You wouldn’t want to miss your chance, would you?
What Kinds of Internet Slots Are There?
With so many types of slots you can find online, a categorization would come handy. That’s why we’ve prepared an overview of the basic kinds of gambling slots you may come across at online casino sites. There are a few ways one could approach the task of grouping slots, but we aren’t going to make things complicated. Here’s a list of the types with some basic info to go with each:
- Classic 3-reel slots are the simplest version because they only have three reels with up to three rows. Place a wager, press the spin button, and wait to see if the payline combination will be a winning one according to the paytable.
- Video slots can have five, six or more reels and a set number of paylines. Most often the paylines are between 25 and 50, although you can find some with a 100 paylines. As you might expect, their paytables are more complex with explanations of the symbols, paylines, and special features. These offer many extra functionalities, such as bonus rounds, free spins, multipliers, and betting options.
- 3D Slots are video slots with animated characters, amazing graphics, impressive audio effects, and interactive options. If you are keen on stories, you will fall in love with 3D slots. Every title has its own unique background, atmosphere, and plot. There are levels to move through and mini challenges to take part in.
- i-slots are the newest addition to the online casino slot games niche. They let players create their own storyline by spinning the reels or taking part in an adventure. There are options that let you finish the game in different ways. At the same time, you are guaranteed to get a bunch of bonuses along the way.
- Feature slots offer many diverse features including bonus rounds and extra spins. These are unlocked with wild and scatter symbols and give the player a chance for more winnings. These internet slots are known for their innovations – collapsing stacks, free falls, and so on.
- Fruit Machines differ from the other types because they allow players to hold or nudge the reels for a more beneficial outcome. After spinning the reels, sometimes you might be able to hold them for the next spinning. This is especially useful if you need three wilds on the reels to get an extra feature. You may also have the right to move or nudge reels downwards to have a better chance of winning.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots come with stunning jackpots due to the fact that each wager from each player increases the top prize. Sometimes the same slot may have the same jackpot all across the network of online casinos using the same software provider like Microgaming. In that case, one player will ultimately win an astounding sum that has been accumulating over the entire network. The jackpot is usually displayed on the home page of the casino operator, and you can see it growing by the second.
Online Slot Machines – Symbols & Features
Games may have different features and functionalities, but all of them have the same key symbols. Let’s see which they are, so you’ll know what to expect from them. Some games may not work in the same way, but most gambling slots are likely to incorporate the following:
- The Wild Symbol substitutes all symbols except the other bonus symbols, such as the scatter. It helps you fill in for a missing symbol on a payline to make it a winning one. There are many versions that make the game much more attractive and give you opportunities to win – expanding, sticky, colossal, multiplier, and others. It is usually represented by the logo of the game or its main character.
- The Wild Multiplier has two main benefits. It completes a missing symbol to form a winning combination and at the same time multiplies the sum you win with it.
- The Multiplier as the name suggests multiplies the winnings a certain number of times.
- The Scatter can appear anywhere on the reels and doesn’t have to be on a winning line to pay out. Three or more scatters can trigger the special bonus, in most cases free spins. If you encounter scatters on video slots, they usually trigger bonus rounds.
- Bonus Rounds can be found in multi-reel games. They are free games which give you the chance to win real money. Usually, these are activated through the scatter symbol.
Adjust the Game to Your Budget and Preferences
Most of the reputable casinos publish the RTP of their games and thus provide transparency. You can opt in some of the casino bonuses offered by the gambling sites, which normally are a percent of your deposit and are yours to take on regular basis. It goes without saying that you should get acquainted with the wagering requirements of each bonus before claiming it. Before you press the spin button, adjust your bet by choosing the number of paylines, the line bet, and the coins you want to wager. These three get multiplied to form the total sum you will be wagering on a single spin.
In most online slots for real money, you will see three options: bet max, quick spin, and autoplay. If you are determined to play through the bonus and cash out faster, you can use the “autoplay” and “quick spin” options. The first one lets you press the spin button once, and the reels will spin a predetermined number of times, for example – 50 times. It’s actually you who determines the number of automatic spins before starting the reels. The second one spins the reels faster than usual.
If you’re curious to find out if you’ve won and don’t want to wait any longer, this option is for you. Bet max eliminates the effort of deciding how much to bet and places the maximum bet possible. Be careful, though, as this may be quite a large sum of money for a single spin, and you might not be comfortable with it.
If you don’t want to bet max, you can bet more or less on each spin, depending on the risk you are willing to take. Once you press the spin button, though, your work is done, and you can no longer influence the outcome. It all depends solely on the RNG or Random Number Generator. If you bet on more paylines, you will have a much greater chance of winning. As for winning combinations, you don’t even have to calculate or check for these. The game software does it automatically.
Slot Machine Volatility and Risk
In the context of slot machines, volatility is an index of how likely it is for a game to pay out. Hence, it determines the risk a player takes when playing that game. Slot machines are usually marked as having low, medium or high volatility. That shows how much and how often a slot has paid out recently. Games with high volatility pay out rarely. They may have long streaks with no winnings, but when they do pay out, the sum is quite impressive, making the wait worth it. Low volatility slots will give you smaller sums but more frequently. High volatility games are considered riskier than low volatility ones. So, it’s up to you to decide which one you prefer and how much risk you are willing to take.
Play Slot Machines Online Like a Pro
If you are new to slots, you’d better start with a simple game with just a few reels and rows. Try it in play mode first and get to know the paytable and the rules of the game well. After you become familiar and start feeling comfortable with it, you can start wagering real money. That’s a piece of advice that will do you good. Here are some more tips on how to play casino slots online and get the most out of your experience:
- Bet on as many paylines as possible. If you’re running out of funds, reduce the amount of the bet rather than the number of lines you bet on. That way you will maximize your chance of winning.
- Make sure to check the rules of each game you play and remember that in order to be eligible for casino bonuses and jackpots, there are minimal bets required.
- Practice and test the slots you chose in free mode before playing for cash. The best online slots sites offer demo mode, which will let you learn the games’ rules risk-free.
- Slots with multiple paylines let you win more often as there are symbols that make combinations both horizontally and vertically.
- If you are up for winning the big jackpot, make sure you bet as much as possible. Sometimes the jackpot is only available when you bet max.
- Decide whether you want a riskier game with a higher payout or if you prefer a better chance of hitting a payline.
It Takes a Single Spin to Change Your Life
Invented in the 19th century, slots are still the favorite game of many. They are easy to learn and extremely diverse when it comes to themes and features. They offer an escape from everyday life and hope for a better future. And no other game can win you millions in a single spin that would cost you a few coins. Online slots offer a much wider selection of options for betting, paylines, free spins, and opportunities for the user to win compared to the ones at traditional casinos. That’s why they will most likely continue to prevail at online casino game sections.